Tuesday 12 January 2021

A Message Poem (Poem #2 from my fave young poet)

 Roses are red

Violets are blue

Care for nice, sweet attention?

I am sure you want too.


Dandelions are white

Sunflowers are yellow

just wrote this letter 

to give you a 'Hello'!


Skies are blue

The grass is green as a frog

Say, my dear,

How about a little talk on a log?


The river flows

Just like your hair

Our eyes are met

As I choke the air.


You're pretty, did I said that?

Ah yes, plenty of times

Hope you don't mind me

As I make love rhymes


Can we just be honest?

Just for a moment?

Your eyes are shining

Just like a Christmas ornament!


Sorry, dear, sorry

Forgive me as I say

Wish this could go on forever

But it must be over to this day.


Darling, oh, darling

I'll say a goodbye

Be safe, deary dear,

As I'll see you on the other side.

No comments:

Post a Comment