Thursday 20 June 2013

Minestrone soup and food poisoning

Minestrone Soup
Yup....after a bout (more than just a bout...actually...had it on Sunday and Monday), I felt too weak to be a normal me in sport, not even in my daily life. It's upsetting to be weak when I have set in my mind that this week would mark the beginning of my rigorous sports again. 

The doctor I saw the other day  told me that it was food poisoning. I don't think  I have ever experienced food poisoning this painful before. It had me rolling in bed and whining...audibly. Every single attempt to restore my strength by trying to eat however little food was sabotaged by violent grilling and pounding in my stomach, causing me to throw out all the food that I have eaten.  The whole night my body kept jerking every few minutes, trying to get through the pain and get on with my rest, which of course, I couldn't have at all.

So I took a day off yesterday, at first, but I had to continue until today.  That's 2 days in a row.  Great victory to food poisoning for restraining me in my own home to 2 days in a row.  The medication I took caused more diarrhea and uncomfortable tummy.  To curb my hunger, the only thing I dared to put inside my mouth yesterday afternoon was that food in the picture, the minestrone soup...or better known as...vegetable soup in tomato broth. That is more like it. It tasted good, and soothing to my 'on-strike' stomach.  So, that was my lunch.  As for dinner, a simple chicken porridge did the trick.  At least I could take my medication without worry it would worsen my condition.

I am on my way to recovery. I pray this would be an uninterrupted journey. 

God be with us all.

4 comments:

  1. So...ok suda kah? What did you eat yg bikin food poisoning?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok dah kali ni. Cuma masih kurang pandai menyimpan makanan, semua misti on the spot buang.

    Rasanya itu mihun luarbiasa pedas kali bah tu....hihi...ngam lagi time memang da lewat makan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhh ok. hehehe

    Itu bukan food poisoning kalau begitu, tapi salah makan. Errr...ada beza kah? hahahah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ada...yang satu beracun, satu tersilap. Hehe....yah, salah makan. Kalu poisoning, masuk hospital dah.

    ReplyDelete