Thursday 1 May 2014

Jogging Tracks and Distance in Parks around Kota Kinabalu

Don't roll your eyes yet, we are still in physical fitness and sports season, as it is only 2 days left before the Borneo International Marathon 2014, on 4th May 2014, this Sunday took off.  

People around, especially my colleagues have been training quite vigorously in preparation for the event.  Most of them registered for the 10km event, only one or two I know go for half marathon, 21km event.  So, in preparation for the event, they went for few impromptu 'jogging dates', covering few different jogging places.   As I am not very familiar with jogging places around Kota Kinabalu as I am NOT fond of jogging or running or walking long distance, I found myself asking people again and again about the distance each jogging track covers.  Now I know, this information is, again, one of the hardest to find, in a single page, information.  

So, for the benefit of you joggers and runners, amateurs or pro or even beginner out there, here is the info.  Hope this able to help with your fitness plan and schedules.

1.  Taman Tun Fuad (Bukit Padang, Near the famous Kg. Nelayan Restaurant)  -  2.11 km

2.  Likas Sports Complex (Around the man-made lake) Jogging Track - 0.96 km (add about 0.8km if including track towards wall climbing area)

3.  Taman Ujana Rimba Tropika (Near Sabah State Library HQ) - 0.8 km

4.  Perdana Park (Tg. Aru) - 0.7 km

5.  Jogging Track along Tg. Lipat beach (manually measured by a blogger, couldn't remember his name though, credit to him) - 4 km

8 comments:

  1. Ahhhh??? Likas sport complex tidak pun sampai 1km?? Mcm mau pingsan suda sa kasi habis satu pusingan sana dulu. Tiada harapan lah ni ikut marathon. Hahahaha.

    I have a few friends I know yg join itu Borneo International Marathon. Yang sorang memang biasa ikut marathon d kl. Balik sabah semata mata ikut marathon. The rest...first timer kalau sa tidak silap. Kawan2 berzumba. They ask me to join the marathon...but...surrender lah saya. I prefer dancing. hahahah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup, I myself thought it was more than 1km.

    Boleh bah tu Chris, sa pun ingat teda harapan juga mo join marathon. Sebab even zaman aktif sukan di school dulu pun angkat tangan jg kalu distance more than 400m. But, you never know what you are capable of until you really challenge yourself and put yourself to the test. You will be surprised.

    ReplyDelete
  3. try to check this blog, both of this blog make me confuse

    http://chanqingsheng.blogspot.com/2014/06/5-jogging-tracks-you-must-run-in-kota.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I checked the blog you mentioned, at I can safely state here, it seems a bit overstated, the distance, I mean. I jogged at both Perdana Park and Taman Ujana, a round was a very easy feat, and yes, both are less than 1km. Same case with Tmn Tun Fuad. I don't know which route the writer was writing about, but the normal route would be about the distance I stated. The only distance I couldn't confirm here is the Tanjung Lipat.

      Delete
  4. Hye Ivy ! I'm doing research on the Tanjung Lipat route and clicked this, by chance, it is your blog hehe. Thanks for sharing(: Good blog ��

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hye....Jess. Pleasure to share and glad if it helps in any way. BTW, fyi, a few friends sort of confirmed the Tg. Lipat track distance, 4 km (one way).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tanjung Lipat, full round is 8.7km. So do the math if you run end to front...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, if you are running towards the end, and back. Approximately 4km (4.35 km if you want to be exact) one way...that was what I explained. Thanks for the feedback anyway. Appreciate it much.

      Delete